Seb Lee-Delisle is a digital artist and speaker who specialises in large scale interactive light installations.
His work is a celebration of technology that encourages interaction and playfulness from the public. Drawing on his previous experience as a game programmer, he works with electronics, lasers and high power projectors to bring his artworks to life. Notable projects include Laser Light Synths, super bright bespoke synthesisers with laser visuals for the public to play, and PixelPyros, the Arts Council funded digital fireworks display that toured nationwide in 2013.
A regular speaker on the international conference circuit, he likes to demystify programming and explore its artistic possibilities. His presentations and workshops enable artists to overcome their fear of code and encourage programmers of all backgrounds to be more creative and imaginative.
Laser Light Synths won the 2016 Lumen Interactive Prize. He won 3 Microsoft awards in 2013, and he was Technical Director on Big and Small, the BBC project that won a BAFTA in 2009.
- 2019 International Laser Display Association Innovation and Art Category – First place, Laser Light Synths
- 2018 International Laser Display Association Innovation and Art Category – First place, Lightning Strikes, Second place Lightning Catchers
- 2016 Lumen Interactive Prize – Laser Light Synths
- 2013 Web Personality of the Year – Microsoft Critters Awards
- 2013 Voice of the Year (best presenter) – Microsoft Critters Awards
- 2013 Developer of the Year – Microsoft Critters Awards
- 2010 BAFTA Award for BBC digital project “ZingZillas” with Plug-in Media
- 2009 BAFTA Award for BBC digital project “Big and Small” with Plug-in Media
- 2009 Adobe MAX award nomination (Big and Small)
- 2009 .net Award finalist (Big and Small)
- 2008 FlashForward Award finalist (Pyro(technics) to the People)
- 2008 FlashForward Award finalist (MLB Gameday)
- 2008 .net Award winner for innovation (Papervision3D)
- 2008 Brighton Digital Media Award winner (dotBrighton)
- 2008 FITC Award nomination (Plug-in Media website)
- 2007 Y Design Award shortlist (Plug-in Media website)
- 2007 FlashForward Award finalist (Plug-in Media website)
- 2007 Webby Award nomination (Plug-in Media website)
- 2006 IMA Award winners in 3 categories ‘best in class’ (Plug-in Media website)
- 2006 Cannes Cyber Lion shortlist (The Simple Game)
- 2005 NMA Effectiveness Award winner (Stan James Free-kick Challenge)
- 2004 Marketing Magazine Award Highly Commended (Stan James Free-kick Challenge)
To contact seb use firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter@seb_ly.
Need a photo? Use this one, but please credit Antony Ribot